In its ongoing efforts to strengthen the legal and regulatory framework in Belize, the International Financial Services Commission (“IFSC”) formally announces an immediate six-month moratorium (“moratorium period”) on the granting of new licences in Trading in Financial and Commoditybased Derivative Instruments and Other Securities (“No 7 Licence”). This moratorium is subject to extension, should the IFSC determine that is necessary. No licence applications will be considered or licences granted during the moratorium period. This moratorium applies only to this category of licence issued by the IFSC.
Press Release on Moratorium on Trading in Securities Licence & Compliance Programme For Licensees Holding A Trading In Securities Licence
- Non-Renewal of Licences – IFSC/2/NR/001 (2) April 13, 2021
- Office Closure March 30, 2021
- PUBLIC NOTICE – FINANCIAL ACTION TASK FORCE IDENTIFIED JURISDICTIONS WITH ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING AND COMBATTING THE FINANCING OF TERRORISM AND COUNTER-PROLIFERATION DEFICIENCIES March 19, 2021
- WARNING NOTICE – SAMANTHA MOORE March 12, 2021
- WARNING NOTICE – DYNAMIC CRYPTO MARKET March 2, 2021
- Public Notice – Non-Renewal of Licences February 17, 2021