1.1. The International Financial Services Commission (the “Commission”)
responsible for the licensing, regulation and supervision of firms engaged in the conduct of international financial services in and from within Belize pursuant to International Financial Services Commission Act, Chapter 272 of the Laws of Belize, Revised Edition 2011. The Commission has the duty, in collaboration with its licensees, to promote and maintain high standards of conduct and management in the provision of international financial services.
All licensees are expected to adhere to the Commission’s licensing and other requirements and ongoing supervisory programmes, including periodic on-site inspections, and required regulatory reporting. Licensees are also expected to conduct their affairs in conformity with all other legal requirements in Belize.
Guideline for Appointment of an External Auditor
- Public Notice – Office closure January 20, 2021
- Public Notice – Office Closure January 13, 2021
- PUBLIC NOTICE – CARIBBEAN FINANCIAL ACTION TASK FORCE ISSUES PUBLIC STATEMENT ON SINT MAARTEN EXITING THE THIRD ROUND OF MUTUAL EVALUATIONS January 7, 2021
- Public Notice – Non-Renewal of Licences January 5, 2021
- PUBLIC NOTICE FINANCIAL ACTION TASK FORCE ISSUES PUBLIC STATEMENT ON HIGH-RISK JURISDICTIONS SUBJECT TO A CALL FOR ACTION – PN NO.21. 8 of 2020 December 10, 2020
- PUBLIC NOTICE FINANCIAL ACTION TASK FORCE ISSUES PUBLIC STATEMENT ON JURISDICTIONS UNDER INCREASED MONITORING – PN NO.23. 10 of 2020 December 10, 2020