The recent decision of the EU to move Belize to the ‘whitelist’ is an acknowledgement that Belize has implemented all the necessary reforms to address concerns regarding economic substance, removal of preferential exemptions and automatic exchange of information. Belize is one of 16 selected jurisdictions that the EU determined had passed legislation to meet EU tax good governance principles.
Belize 2020 – Continuation of IBCs to Belize
- GOS-Advisory-0003-2021- High Risk and Other Monitored Jurisdictions Identified by FATF July 14, 2021
- WARNING NOTICE – USURPATION OF THE IFSC’s IDENTITY July 14, 2021
- WARNING – NOTICE GEORGE BRAGIN July 14, 2021
- WARNING – NOTICE ROGER VER July 9, 2021
- WARNING NOTICE HT-JX July 9, 2021
- WARNING NOTICE SYSTEM DAY LTD. July 9, 2021