The recent decision of the EU to move Belize to the ‘whitelist’ is an acknowledgement that Belize has implemented all the necessary reforms to address concerns regarding economic substance, removal of preferential exemptions and automatic exchange of information. Belize is one of 16 selected jurisdictions that the EU determined had passed legislation to meet EU tax good governance principles.
Belize 2020 – Continuation of IBCs to Belize
- Non-Renewal of Licences – IFSC/2/NR/001 (2) April 13, 2021
- Office Closure March 30, 2021
- PUBLIC NOTICE – FINANCIAL ACTION TASK FORCE IDENTIFIED JURISDICTIONS WITH ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING AND COMBATTING THE FINANCING OF TERRORISM AND COUNTER-PROLIFERATION DEFICIENCIES March 19, 2021
- WARNING NOTICE – SAMANTHA MOORE March 12, 2021
- WARNING NOTICE – DYNAMIC CRYPTO MARKET March 2, 2021
- Public Notice – Non-Renewal of Licences February 17, 2021